2022-03 Recruitment Announcement for Researcher Positions at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
The Institute for Basic Science (IBS) is a national research institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the
“Special Act on Establishment of and Support for International Science and Business Belts”. IBS aims to discover
creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research. The IBS Center for
Multidimensional Carbon Materials invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
□ Recruitment Details
||Single crystal metals
||(Degree) PhD in Chemistry, Materials science, Physics
(Preference) Experience in study of carbon
materials and metal-related materials
||Epitaxial material growth and analysis of physical properties
||(Degree) PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science
||Carbon materials and metal-related materials
||(Degree) PhD in Materials sciences, Condensed Matter (Solid State) Physics, Solid State Chemistry, Metallurgy
(Preference) Expertise in metal-related materials
|Total of the Number of Openings
※ Submission of application to multiple areas is not acceptable.The final number of appointed personnel is subject to change as results of screening. Please find work details in the attachment.
□ General Qualifications and Preferences
- [General Qualifications]
- ▪ Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations.
- ▪ Those who do not fall under Article 82 of the Act on Anti-corruption and the Establishment and Operation of
the Anti-corruption & Civil Rights Commission.
- ▪ Those who are permitted to travel abroad, and/or completed mandatory military service or are exempted from such service (those who can transfer their military exemption slot can apply).
- ▪ Those who meet the requirements by the end of the application deadline.
- ▪ Additional points for persons with disabilities under Article 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on
the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for
employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons,
ETC. of Distinguished Service to the State.
- - 5 additional points for those who submit the certificate of disabilities.
- - 5 additional points for those who submit the certificate of employment protection for the national war veteran
- ▪ Those who are “women in science, engineering and technology” under Article 2 of the Act on Fostering and
Supporting Women Scientists and Technicians.
□ Screening Stage
|▪ (Submission) submit application via e-mail(email@example.com).
▪ (Application) CV, research plan(free form), consent and application forms(forms attached), supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefit(if applicable).
||▪ (Review Criteria) Relevancy to the recruitment area, excellence of research achievements, work capability; activities related to recruitment area, development potential.
▪ (Screening Method) Select three times the number of candidates than
the opening for the next screening stage and they shall be in the highest
average score order (minimum average score: 80).
※ Only successful candidates will be informed for the next stage.
|▪ (Review Criteria) Expertise in the recruitment area, attitude and adaptability to organizational culture, presentation skill and diligence, development potential.
▪ (Screening Method) Select the final candidate in the highest average score order, within the number of openings (minimum average score: 80).
||▪ Appointment date is negotiable for successful candidates.
※The appointment offer may be withdrawn if successful candidates cannot make it to the starting date by December 16, 2022
※ The expected schedule above is subject to change.
□ Required Documents
||Documents to submit
|▪ CV, research plan(free form), consent forms(forms attached)
※ Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out all identification details from candidate’s application documents.
|Submit application documents via e-mail
|▪ Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’
benefit (if applicable)
※ The pertaining documents will only be used to confirm the pertaining qualification. Blind
hiring process will be implemented.
|▪ Photocopy of the graduation certificate of the highest academic degree or diploma
||Only finalist will be asked to submit
|▪ Full transcripts of the completed curricula equivalent to college or higher
|▪ Photocopy of certificates(if applicable)
|▪ Employment certificates from previous companies(if applicable)
|▪ List of research accomplishments(if applicable)
|▪ Other documents required for appointment
□ Job Position Overview
Job Position Overview
||▪ Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials(UNIST campus/Ulsan)
||▪ (Postdoctoral Research Associate) A position to conduct research training and research for a
certain period of time to deepen research expertise and abilities. Those who do not exceed 5
years after obtaining their doctoral degrees, or those who are expected to obtain their doctoral
degree within 3 months by the time of appointment. Contract renewal after initial contract is
available within total 3 years, if the performance review rating is more than the average score
※The employment contract will be maintained until the abolition of the Center, if the Center is
determined to be abolished during the contract period.
||▪ According to the internal rules(pay-band)
※The appointment date is negotiable for successful candidates, however, the appointment offer may be withdrawn if successful candidates cannot make it to the starting date by December 16, 2022.
□ Application Submission
- 〇 Submission: CV, consent and application forms and others via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 〇 Submission Period: 2022.06.14. ~ 18:00, 2022.06.29. (KST)
※Please kindly note that if your application misses to submit a part of required documents, your application shall
not be accepted. Application can only be submitted to one recruitment area.
□ Other Information
- ▪ Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out any and
all identification details from candidate's resume and applications.
- ▪ Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted
documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be
- ▪ If selected candidates are disqualified through a background check or a recruitment-related physical examination,
the job offer will be withdrawn.
- ▪ If selected candidates are found dismissed according to the Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption
and the Establishment and Management of the Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the appointment
will be withdrawn.
- ▪ Submitted documents may be returned when such requests are made within three months from the announcement
of recruitment results according to the Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- ▪ No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during screening stages.
- ▪ If hired, the work level, annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- ▪ Expected date of appointment is September 16, 2022. (negotiable for successful candidates)
- ▪ Inquiries: Responsible staff at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
(Tel.: 052-217-5756; fax: 052-217-5759; e-mail: email@example.com)