2022-3 Recruitment Announce for Postdoctoral Research Associate Positions at the Center for Exotic Nuclear Studies
The Institute for Basic Science (IBS) is a national research institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of and Support for International Science and Business Belt. IBS aims to advance the frontiers of knowledge and drive the development of future technologies through world-class basic science research.
Founded in December 2019, the IBS Center for Exotic Nuclear Studies (CENS) carries out experiments on nuclear astrophysics, nuclear structure and nuclear reaction using rare isotope accelerators overseas. CENS also has a theory group to carry out independent research and support its experimental efforts. In the near future, the Center will also conduct research that can best utilize a rare isotope accelerator complex in South Korea, named Rare isotope Accelerator complex for ON line experiments (RAON). Furthermore, CENS is working to develop state-of-the-art detectors for research on structures and reactions of exotic nuclei, measurement of nuclear reactions in explosive stellar events, discovery of new rare isotopes, and exotic nuclear physics experiments
CENS is seeking creative, dynamic candidates to join and help the Center grow by leading experiments and theoretical studies on exotic nuclei, data analysis, and development of detectors.
|No. of Openings
||Postdoctoral Research Associate(Ph.D.)
||Theoretical or experimental nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, or other related field.
||- Degree : Doctoral degree (Those who do not exceed 5 years after obtaining doctoral degree, or those who are expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 3 months from the appointment start date(September 1st , 2022))
- Major : Theoretical or experimental nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, or other related field.
|Center for Exotic Nuclear Studies
〇 Research Position Job Description
- - (Postdoctoral Research Associate) Conduct research while at the same time receiving postdoctoral training for a certain period of time to deepen their understanding of a field and develop a distinctive research capability. Available for individuals who are within the first five years after obtaining their Ph.D. or to be obtained within 3 months from the appointment start date. Employment can be renewed only once and the total appointed term is up to 3 years
- ※ Note: In case of the Center’s closure during employment, the employment contract will be terminated accordingly.
- [Required qualifications]
- • Must be in compliance with the requirements for appointments as specified in Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS statutes.
- • Must have no restrictions traveling overseas. Male applicants must have completed or be exempted from compulsory military service.
- [Preferred qualifications]
- • Individuals with disabilities as defined in Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or individuals eligible for employment assistance as defined in Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State (additional points will be given during the screening/evaluation process)
- • Women in science, engineering and technology as defined in Article 2 of the Act on Fostering and Supporting Women Scientists and Technicians
□ Screening Process
|July 7th ~
July 13th, 2022
|Suitability for the position and for the field of work, excellence of the applicant’s research achievements, overall research activities, proposed research plan, etc.
||Approximately 3 times the number of applicants than the number of vacancies will be selected for the interview in order of the highest scores with the minimum average score of 80.
||Curriculum vitae (CV), List of publications, Research plan (1 page), Two recommendation letters or more*, Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information / Application for the Institute for Basic Science (IBS)
|July 15th ~
July 20th, 2022
|Expertise in their field, attitude and communication skills, presentation skills, excellence of their research, development potential and prospect, etc.
||Final candidates will be selected in order of the highest scores with the minimum average score of 80.
※ The procedure allows for a successful candidate and up to two additional waiting list candidates per opening in accordance with the scores
|There can be additional required documents according to the situation at the center
□ Application Submission and Period
- 〇 How to apply : Submit the documents below via e-mail at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- - CV
- - List of publications
- - One page of research plan
- - Two reference letters or more*
- - Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information / Application for the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) (attached)
* References letters must be sent to email@example.com from the writers and any letters from the applicants will not be accepted.
- 〇 Deadline for application submission: June 30th, 2022 (18:00) KST
- ※ E-mail Title : [Applying for Postdoctoral Research Associate position at the CENS] YYY←Applicant’s name
- e.g., [Applying for Postdoctoral Research Associate position at the CENS]Hong Gil-dong
- 〇 Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out any and all identification details from candidate's resume and applications.
- 〇 CENS, IBS is an Equal Opportunity or Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Any biased information will not be provided to committees at all.
- 〇 Applicants will be responsible for any consequences of making mistakes, missing information or not submitting required documentation in their applications. If any information is found to be incorrect or false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 Submitted documents may be returned when a request is made within three months from the announcement of the final result in accordance with Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 If candidates are disqualified due to a background check or a physical examination result, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 If candidates are found to be former public officials dismissed for corruption as set forth in Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No applicants may be hired if there are no applicants deemed qualified during the screening process.
- 〇 If hired, the job category/grade and annual salary will be determined in accordance with IBS rules and regulations.
- 〇 Successful candidates are expected to start on September 1st, 2022 (subject to change).
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Exotic Nuclear Studies, IBS HQ, Daejeon
- 〇 Inquiries: Recruiting Manager of CENS (Tel: +82 42-878-9404, firstname.lastname@example.org)