2023-3 Recruitment Announcement for Senior Researcher Positions* at the CTPU-CGA(Cosmology, Gravity, and Astroparticle physics)
The Center for Theoretical Physics of the Universe, Cosmology, Gravity, and Astroparticle Physics Group (CTPU-CGA) at Institute for Basic Science (http://www.ibs.re.kr), South Korea, invites applications for senior researcher positions in Theoretical Cosmology, Gravity and Astro(particle) physics, which can start anytime in March – September (later time is negotiable), 2024. The initial appointment will be for 2 years, and can be extended for an additional year subject to the performance review and funding situation**
We recently initiated a new center called CTPU-CGA in CTPU led by the director, Masahide Yamaguchi, from March 2023. We will jointly organize the CTPU with another center CTPU-PTC led by the director, Kiwoon Choi, but the budget, organization, and recruitment are completely independent. The official language at the center is English. Research interests of our group cover broad areas of theoretical cosmology, gravity, astroparticle physics, and related areas.
Applications should include CV, publication list, research statement, Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information / Application for IBS(download on IBS job Board), and at least three letters of recommendation. For full consideration, application materials including the letters should be submitted by December 17, 2023, through Academic Jobs Online(https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/26633).
You can download Consent form & Application for the Institute for IBS file and find out more information from the below link
IBS job Board :
Planned to be guided later
*Though the official title is “Senior” Researcher, it’s just an official one. This recruitment is effectively for postdoctoral researchers including fresh ones.
** The term can be extended once, and the additional term is 1 year. A researcher with an exceptionally good performance might get a longer additional term. (The additional term cannot exceed 3 years)
Recruitment Area and Openings
||No. of Openings
|CTPU-CGA (Daejeon, HQ)
||theoretical cosmology, gravity, astroparticle physics, and related areas
||Degree: Doctoral degree (must be obtained by appointment start date(e.g. September 1st , 2024))
- Major: Physics
- Preferences: Research experience in theoretical cosmology, gravity, astroparticle physics, and related areas
※ ※The final number of appointees may change according to the screening results and please refer to the job description for more detailed information on the work duties/responsibilities and qualifications
〇 Research Position Job Description
- (Senior researcher) Research-oriented personnel with a Ph.D., Initial employment may be renewed only once. The total length of the contract cannot exceed 5 years.
※ Note: In case of the Center’s closure during employment, the employment contract will be terminated accordingly.
- [General qualifications]
- ● Must be in compliance with the requirements for appointments as specified in Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS statutes.
- ● If candidates are found to be former public officials dismissed for corruption as set forth in Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- ● Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- ※ The military service exemption positions(전문연구요원) are not eligible for this announcement.
- ● Individuals with disabilities as defined in Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or individuals eligible for employment assistance as defined in Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State (additional points will be given during the screening/evaluation process)
- 5 additional points for those who submit the certificate of disabilities
- 5-10 additional points for those who submit the certificate of employment protection for the national war veteran
- ● Women in science, engineering and technology as defined in Article 2 of the Act on Fostering and Supporting Women Scientists and Technicians
※ Apply the highest additional points across all preferences.
□ Screening Process
|December 25 ~ December 29, 2023
||Suitabilityfor the position and for the field of work, excellence of the applicant’sresearch achievements, overall research activities, proposed research plan,etc.
||Approximately5 times the number of applicants than the number of vacancies will beselected for the interview in order of the highest scores with the minimumaverage score of 80.
||CV,publication list, research statement, Consent form & Application forIBS(download on IBS job Board), at least three letters of recommendation
|January 8 ~ January 26, 2024
||Expertisein their field, attitude and communication skills, presentation skills,excellence of their research, development potential and prospect, etc.
||Finalcandidates will be selected in order of the highest scores with the minimumaverage score of 80.
※ The procedureallows for a successful candidate and up to two additional waiting listcandidates per opening in accordance with the scores
|Therecan be additional required documents according to the situation at the center
※ The schedule may change according to the situation at IBS
□ Application Submission and Deadline
- 〇How to apply: Submit the documents through Academic Jobs Online (https://academicjobsonline.org)
- publication list
- research statement
- Consent form & Application for IBS(download on IBS job Board)
- at least three letters of recommendation
Deadline for application submission: December 17, 2023 (24:00) KST
- 〇Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out any and all identification details from candidate's resume and applications.
- 〇CTPU-CGA, IBS is an Equal Opportunity or Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Any biased information will not be provided to committees at all.
- 〇Applicants will be responsible for any consequences of making mistakes, missing information or not submitting required documentation in their applications. If any information is found to be incorrect or false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇Submitted documents may be returned when a request is made within three months from the announcement of the final result in accordance with Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇If candidates are disqualified due to a background check or a physical examination result, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇If candidates are found to be former public officials dismissed for corruption as set forth in Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇No applicants may be hired if there are no applicants deemed qualified during the screening process.
- 〇If hired, the job category/grade and annual salary will be determined in accordance with IBS rules and regulations.
- 〇Successful candidates are expected to start on in March - September (later time is negotiable), 2024.
- 〇Workplace: CTPU-CGA, IBS HQ, Daejeon
- 〇Inquiries: Recruiting Manager of CTPU-CGA
(Tel: +82 42-878-8122, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)